New Lords committee to quiz Treasury Minister on Plan for Growth
Monday 7 June 2021
The new House of Lords Committee on Industry and Regulators will question Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury, Kemi Badenoch MP, in its first public evidence session on Tuesday 8 June 2021.
The Committee will quiz the Minister on the Government’s Plan for Growth, which has replaced the Industrial Strategy.
Questions will cover the Government’s net-zero emissions target, UK productivity and innovation, and its regulatory reform priorities following the UK’s withdrawal from the EU.
Follow the session live on Parliament TV from 10:30am.
Likely questions include:
- How will the Government ensure that net zero is integrated into its decision making?
- How will the Plan for Growth address poor productivity levels in the UK?
- The Government’s priorities for its Innovation Strategy and when it will be published.
- How the Government will encourage and incentivise businesses to adopt new technologies.
- The Government’s regulatory reform priorities in areas previously governed by EU law.
The Committee is currently considering possible issues to explore in its first inquiry. It is expected to announce its first inquiry and publish a call for evidence soon.