House of Lords COVID-19 Committee to hear evidence on digital trends in service delivery, workplaces and our personal lives
Friday 13 November 2020
On Tuesday 17 November 2020 at 10.30am as part of its ongoing inquiry into how our increasing reliance on digital technology impacts our wellbeing, the House of Lords COVID-19 Select Committee will hear from witnesses on a number of themes exploring the extent to which we are all spending time online as well as considering the digital trends and innovations likely to be shaping our lives in 2-5 years’ time.
The evidence session will take place virtually and will be streamed live on Parliament TV.
Giving evidence will be:
- Benedict Evans, independent analyst;
- Gerard Grech, Chief Executive Officer, Tech Nation;
- Hanna Johnson, Chief Operating Officer, PUBLIC; and
- Professor Helen Margetts, Programme Director for Public Policy at the Alan Turing Institute.
Some of the issues to be discussed include;
- How our internet use is changing
- The digitalisation of industries and services
- Emerging technologies and innovations
- The implications for governance and regulation