Lords Communications and Digital Committee to probe commercial radio and innovation
The House of Lords Communications and Digital Committee will hear more evidence on the future of journalism tomorrow, Tuesday 12 May, in a virtual meeting.
The meeting will examine commercial radio in the UK and its role as a news provider, explore funding for innovative news organisations and discuss the challenges and opportunities for smaller organisations.
The session will be held on Zoom and can be followed on Parliament TV.
Giving evidence will be:
At 3:00 p.m.:
- Adam Thomas, Director, European Journalism Centre
- Anna Hamilos, Senior Programme Manager, NESTA
At 4:00 p.m.:
- Jimmy Buckland, Director of Strategy and Managing Director, Wireless Group
- Will Harding, Chief Strategy Officer, Global Media & Entertainment
Questions are likely to include:
- What are the biggest challenges faced by journalism start-ups seeking a sustainable business model?
- How have digital technologies changed the production and consumption of commercial radio?
- What are the most successful examples of innovation?