Lords to hear evidence on impact of COVID-19 on courts and justice online
Members of the House of Lords Constitution Committee will hear expert evidence tomorrow (Wednesday 3 June, 10.30 a.m.) about the challenges COVID-19 presents for our courts and justice system.
The committee will hear from:
- Richard Susskind, President, Society for Computers and Law
- Hazel Genn, Professor, University College London
Possible questions and topics for discussion include:
- How effectively have courts and tribunals responded to the COVID-19 pandemic?
- How effective are virtual court and tribunal proceedings?
- What are the implications of virtual proceedings for media and public?
- What legal, procedural and resource changes are needed if we move to more virtual court and tribunal hearings long-term?
The evidence session will be broadcast live on Parliament TV.