Food poverty and health - Lords committee to quiz government ministers
On Thursday 11 June at 3 p.m. the House of Lords Committee on Food, Poverty, Health and the Environment will question two government ministers.
The Committee will hear from:
- Jo Churchill MP, Minister for Prevention, Public Health and Primary Care
- Will Quince MP, Minister for Welfare Delivery
Possible questions and areas of discussion include:
- Is the Government convinced that it can still meet its target of halving childhood obesity by 2030?
- What assessment has been made of the health impact of COVID-19 on people living in more deprived areas and in lower income groups, particularly those living with food insecurity?
- Has any consideration been given to writing off Universal Credit advances paid during the coronavirus outbreak?
- What involvement have your departments had in developing the National Food Strategy?
This evidence session will be broadcast live on Parliament TV.