Business Minister Paul Scully to give evidence on the level playing field and state aid to Lords EU Committee
On Monday 29 June 2020 the House of Lords EU Goods Sub-Committee will be holding an evidence session on the UK-EU negotiations on the level playing field and state aid with the Minister for Small Business, Consumers and Labour Markets, Paul Scully MP.
He will be joined by Jessica Blakely, Director for Subsidy Control and International Negotiations at the Department for Business, Energy and the Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
This session, which will start at 10.30am, will be held remotely and streamed on Parliament TV.
Possible questions that may be asked by the Committee include:
- How are negotiations on the level playing field affecting wider UK-EU talks?
- What are the main areas of agreement and disagreement around non-regression provisions on labour and environmental protections?
- Does the Government want the non-regression commitments on environmental law to cover climate protection?
- What assessment has the Government made of the EU's negotiating position on state aid? Has the Government detected a change in the EU's negotiating position?
- What progress has been made in working out how the state aid provisions in the Protocol on Ireland / Northern Ireland might operate in practice?
- How advanced is development of the Government's proposed domestic subsidy control framework?