SMEs to give evidence to Lords inquiry on future UK-EU trade in manufactured goods
On Thursday 9 July 2020 the House of Lords EU Goods Sub-Committee will be taking evidence from small and medium-sized enterprises on how to facilitate future UK-EU trade in manufactured goods.
This session, which will start at 11am, will be held remotely and streamed on Parliament TV.
At 11am the Committee will hear from:
- Barry Leahey MBE, Managing Director, Playdale
- Jayne Moorby, Marketing Manager, Oxley Group
- Margaret Wood MBE, Chairman, ICW.
Possible questions that may be asked by the Committee include:
- What are the main non-tariff challenges that could affect your businesses from January 2021?
- How prepared are you for the end of the transition period, and how has the COVID-19 pandemic affected those preparations?
- How should the UK and EU cooperate on regulatory standards and certification?
- What impact will new UK-EU customs requirements at the end of the transition period have on your businesses?
- How important are the negotiations on rules of origin for your businesses?
- What has the Government done, so far, to support SMEs in preparing for the end of the transition period? Is there anything else the Government should be doing?