Business Minister to give evidence to Lords EU Committee
At 10am on Thursday 16 July 2020 the House of Lords EU Services Sub-Committee will be taking evidence from the Minister for Business and Industry, Nadhim Zahawi MP.
The Minister will be giving evidence to the Committee's inquiry into the future UK-EU relationship on professional and business services.
This session will be held remotely and streamed on Parliament TV.
Questions the Committee is likely to ask include:
- What progress has been made in the UK-EU negotiations on services? What are the main areas of convergence and divergence?
- Has there been any discussion on what national reservations, if any, might be included in a future agreement?
- What are the main areas of agreement and disagreement between the UK and the EU on rights of establishment and investment?
- How does the Government propose to ensure business mobility?
- How has the EU responded to the Government's proposals on the mutual recognition of professional qualifications?
- What rights of representation is the Government seeking for UK legal professionals as part of a future UK-EU agreement?
- What progress has been made on data adequacy?