What will Brexit mean for the UK's financial services sector?
On Wednesday 29 January 2020 at 10:15am, the House of Lords EU Financial Affairs Sub-Committee will take evidence on financial services after Brexit.
The Committee will hear from:
- Professor Niamh Moloney, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Professor David Miles, Imperial College London.
The likely questions include:
- How important is the EU for UK financial services? To what extent does the EU rely on UK financial services?
- How do you envisage the future UK-EU relationship in financial services? What is the process outlined in the Political Declaration?
- How might any 'equivalence' decisions become politically motivated? Could any new institutional arrangements improve this process?
- What are the risks associated with maintaining regulatory alignment with the EU? What are the potential benefits of divergence?
This evidence session, which is open to the public, will take place from 10.15am on Wednesday 29 January 2020 in Committee Room 4A of the House of Lords.