Lords EU Committee to quiz Michael Gove on Government's no deal preparations
The House of Lords EU Committee will next week take evidence from Michael Gove MP, Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster on the Government's Brexit negotiations and no deal preparations.
The evidence session will start at 4:00pm on Monday 9 September in Committee Room 3 of the House of Lords.
Areas the session will cover include:
- How has the Government accelerated its no deal planning now it is its number one priority?
- What prospects are there for ‘mini deals' or ‘side deals' with the EU to cover specific issues in the event of no deal.
- What will happen to UK-EU internal security cooperation in the event of a no deal? What steps are the government taking to mitigate any negative impact?
- The impact of no deal on Northern Ireland and the North-South relations on the island of Ireland. And the steps the Government are taking to minimise any negative effects.
- What will the impact of no deal be on Gibraltar? What will be the status of the various agreements between Gibraltar and Spain to manage the impact of Brexit in the event of a no deal?
- The implications of a no deal Brexit for Scotland and Wales and the Union.