The state of the global economy: Lords International Relations Committee to quiz experts
The House of Lords International Relations Committee will hold a one-off evidence session on Wednesday 15 May with two experts on the global economy, ahead of the 2019 G20 Summit on 28-29 June.
Giving evidence to the Committee in Room 4 at 10.40am will be:
- Dr Linda Yueh, Fellow in Economics, University of Oxford
- Alan Wheatley, Associate Fellow, Global Economy and Finance, Chatham House
Questions are likely to include:
- How important a role has the G20 played in global economic governance. And to what extent does it remain fit for purpose?
- How would you characterise the state of the global economy?
- Asian countries have become increasingly influential in the global economy. To what extent is this demonstrated at G20 meetings?
- To what extent is the threat of a ‘trade war' between the United States and China now a reality, and how will it affect the forthcoming G20 Summit in June?