House of Lords Media Notices - October 2016
EU Select Committee take evidence from James Brokenshire
Ecconomic Affairs Committee takes evidence on Decarbonisation
Lords EU Financial Affairs Sub-committee takes evidence from the Deputy Governor of the Bank of England
Lords discuss reducing conflict-related sexual violence
Lords Communications Committee looks at awareness, industry responsibility and the role of schools, as part of inquiry into children and the internet
EU Justice Sub Committee takes evidence on the fairness of EU sanctions, Brexit
Lords Licensing Committee to hear from residents associations and Citizens Advice
Select Committee on Charities to hear from RSA and The Baring Foundation
Lords takes evidence from police and national crime agencies
Lords investigates the Government's negotiation position with the EU post-Brexit
International Relations Committee starts new inquiry looking at developments in the region
Government's proposed extension of grammer schools debated by Lords
Lords discuss their contribution to local communities, and ways to safeguard their future
Lords takes evidence on long-term sustainability of the NHS
Evidence session on the Government's energy policy
Inquiry continues into safeguarding the rights of EU citizens
Evidence session on Brexit's impact on financial service sector
Represenatives give their views on current licensing system
EU Committee's recommendations on Parliament's supporting role
Lords Select Committee on Charities asks how the sector can measure its success
In this section
House of Lords Media Notices - 2016
House of Lords Media Notices - October 2016
- Governance of Charities: How good is their leadership, Lords ask
- Lords to debate report on unaccompanied migrant children in the EU
- UK policy on Middle East – what are the long-term plans for Iraq?
- Lords to hear evidence on environment and climate change policy after Brexit
- Constitution Committee to open inquiry into the legislative process
- Lords to question Crown Prosecution Service on UK security after Brexit
- DExEU Minister David Jones to answer questions on EU summit
- BBC and Ofcom give evidence to Lords inquiry on children and the internet
- Is the NHS staffed for the future? Is mental health still a cinderella service? Lords to ask experts
- What are the advantages of driverless cars? Lords to investigate
- Lords committee asks legal experts about effectiveness of Licensing Act
- Lords Committee on Financial Exclusion to hear from Brighthouse and Consumer Finance Association
- Will rights of EU citizens in the UK be preserved after Brexit? Lords to investigate
- Lack of clarity in Wales Bill risks future litigation and further legislation – Lords Constitution Committee
- Taking the nuclear option: is it the solution to the UK's energy needs?
- Brexit: How will the professional business services and aviation sectors be affected?
- How will Brexit affect UK trade in goods?
- Lords Committee on Financial Exclusion to hear from Local Government Association and Citizens Advice
- Lords to investigate environment and climate change policy after Brexit
- Lords quiz mobile and internet companies on safety controls
- Lords to investigate impact of Brexit on counter terrorism
- Former Taoisigh (Irish Prime Ministers) John Bruton and Bertie Ahern to answer questions on UK-Irish Relations and Brexit
- Jo Johnson to be quizzed on implications of Brexit for UK science
- Frank Field, David Willetts and Steve Webb among stellar cast of witnesses to give evidence on NHS funding
- Lords to question French Ambassador on rights of EU citizens post-Brexit
- Lords committee looks at impact of licensing laws on health
- Brexit and the Bank of England: Governor to answer Lords Committee questions
- Charities Committee looks at role of social enterprise and investment
- Parliament should scrutinise Brexit as it happens, not ‘after the fact'
- Lords to quiz ministers on plans for police and security co-operation post Brexit
- Should schools do more to teach internet safety?
- Lords to investigate impact of Brexit on UK's trade in services with the EU
- Lords International Relations committee asks for evidence on Middle East
- Lords examine post-Brexit trade in goods with new inquiry
- City Minister to be quizzed on Brexit by Lords Committee
- Lords to question Polish and Romanian Ambassadors on rights of EU citizens post Brexit
- Lords Licensing Act Committee asks pubs, hotels and small businesses for views on regulation
- What impact are charities having?
- Lords to report on Parliament's role in scrutinising Brexit
- Is there a health funding crisis? Lords to quiz NHS chiefs
- Secure and affordable energy v decarbonisation: Is the Government getting the balance right?
- Lords to debate role of libraries and independent bookshops in the UK
- Lords to debate grammar schools and selective education
- Ministers to give evidence to Lords post-Brexit trade inquiry
- How should UK policy adapt to a new Middle East, Lords ask
- Lords to investigate UK participation in Europol and the European arrest warrant post Brexit
- Lords to question Foreign and Commonwealth Office on legality of EU sanctions
- How safe are children from the dangers of the internet?
- Lords committee examines the role of charities in civil society
- Lords to debate sexual violence in conflict: A war crime
- Residents give their views of licensing laws to Lords inquiry
- Deputy Governor of the Bank of England to give evidence on Brexit impact to Lords Committee
- Decarbonisation: Has the Government got it right?
- How will Brexit affect Northern Ireland? Lords to ask James Brokenshire
- House of Lords Media Notices - October 2016