Lords to take evidence from National Housing Federation and housing associations on UK housing market
The House of Lords Economic Affairs Committee will tomorrow take evidence from the leaders of major housing associations and the Chief Executive of the National Housing Federation as it continues its inquiry into the UK housing market.
On Tuesday 2 February at 4:35pm in Committee Room 1 of the House of Lords the Committee will take evidence from:
- David Orr, Chief Executive, National Housing Federation
- David Montague, Chair, L&Q, G15
- Ian McDermott, Chief Operating Officer, Sanctuary Housing Association
Areas the Committee will explore with the witnesses include:
- How ‘affordable housing' should be defined?
- The potential impact of Government's plan to reduce social rents paid to housing associations and other landlords.
- How many homes can housing associations realistically contribute to the Government's target of one million new homes by 2020?
- Are the housing associations confident that their properties sold under the extended Right to Buy scheme will be replaced on a one for one basis?
- Are housing associations making changes to their housing stocks to reflect the increase in the number of elderly households?