Mark Carney to give evidence to Lords Economic Affairs Committee
Dr Mark Carney will next week give evidence to the House of Lords Economic Affairs Committee in its annual session with the Governor of the Bank of England.
Areas the session will cover include:
- What risks are there to remaining in the European Union?
- What risk does China pose to the UK economy?
- Is the housing market still the biggest medium-term risk to the UK economy?
- How important is membership of the European Union to London's status as a leading international finance centre?
- Are banks now too complex to fail?
- When will inflation return to target?
- Are any further changes to banking regulation required as a result of the revelations in the ‘Panama Papers'?
- To what extent is the historically large current account deficit a concern?
The evidence session will start at 3:35pm on Tuesday 19 April in Committee Room 1 of the House of Lords.