Major global food provider quizzed by Lords in food waste inquiry
Representatives from Sodexo, one of the world's largest companies and a major global provider of catering services in the workplace, will be questioned by the House of Lords EU Sub-Committee on Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment and Energy, as part of its ongoing inquiry into food waste prevention across Europe
- Claire Atkins-Morris, Head of Waste Management; and
- Paul Bracegirdle, Environment Manager.
- if targets are helpful in stimulating action by businesses and, if so, what level by 2020 might be realistic;
- the systems Sodexo have in place to monitor its food waste and what initiatives has it undertaken to reduce food waste;
- the cooperation that exists between Sodexo and its partners through the supply chain to minimise waste at all stages of the process; and
- what changes should be considered in relation to EU policy to enable higher levels of food redistribution across Europe under initiatives like Sodexo's existing Global ‘Stop Hunger' campaign.
The session will be webcast at www.parliamentlive.tv and is also open to the public. Journalists wishing to attend should go to Parliament's Cromwell Green Entrance and should allow time for security screening.