Lords quiz WWF and CBI on EU energy policy
The Lords Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment and Energy EU Sub-Committee will question representatives of the WWF and the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) on Wednesday 30 January, in the latest evidence session in its inquiry into EU energy policy.
At 11am, the Committee will hear from:
- Jason Anderson, Head of European Climate and Energy Policy, European Policy Office, WWF; and
- Dr Matthew Brown, Head of Energy and Climate Change, CBI.
The Committee will use the session to explore with the witnesses issues including:
- the extent to which green energy can create jobs and boost the economy;
- the challenge of financing investment in the energy sector over the next decade;
- their contrasting views on the EU's future energy and climate change targets;
- how Member states and the Commission can be encouraged to give Carbon Capture and Storage technology the priority it requires; and
- how the EU can develop a greater interconnection between Europe's power grids.
The evidence session will take place at 11am on Wednesday 30January in Committee Room 3A.
The sessions will be webcast live at www.parliamentlive.tv and are also open to the public. Journalists wishing to attend should go to Parliament's Cromwell Green Entrance and should allow time for security screening.