Lords Science Committee to hear from the Department of Health on Regenerative Medicine
The House of Lords Science and Technology Committee will, next week, take evidence from representatives of the Department of Health, the Medical Research Council, the Wellcome Trust and the British Heart Foundation as part of their inquiry into Regenerative Medicine.
The Committee will also hear from senior academics and clinicians from University College London and Kings' College London.
The witnesses will be asked about funding for translational research in regenerative medicine, challenges undertaking this research, appropriate funding priorities and whether there is adequate support for researchers to set up clinical trials.
The evidence sessions will start at 10.40am on Tuesday 6 November in Committee Room 4 of the House of Lords. The full details of the evidence session are:
- Prof Dame Sally Davies, Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Adviser, D
- Sir John Savill, Chief Executive, Medical Research Council
- Sir Mark Walport, Director of the Wellcome Trust
- Prof Peter Weissberg, Medical Director, British Heart Foundation
- Prof Robin Ali, Professor of Human Molecular Genetics, UCL
- Prof Graham Lord, Professor of Medicine and Head of Department of Experimental Immunobiology, King's College London (KCL); Honorary Consultant in Nephrology and Transplantation and Director of NIHR Biomedical Research Centre, Guy's and St. Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, KCL
- Sir John Tooke, Vice Provost (Health), Head of the Medical School and Academic Director of the Academic Health Science Centre, UCL