The Management Board makes decisions about the management and delivery of services in the House of Lords within the strategy agreed by the House of Lords Commission.
Chaired by the Clerk of the Parliaments, the most senior member of staff in the Lords, the Management Board supports and advises the House of Lords Commission. Together they provide the corporate leadership for the House of Lords.
The Management Board:
- prepares the strategic plan, business plans, financial plans, annual estimates and annual reports for approval by the House of Lords Commission
- manages the resources agreed by the House of Lords Commission
- supports the Clerk of the Parliaments in the discharge of his functions as Accounting Officer and employer of House of Lords staff
- assesses and manages risk – board members have responsibility for managing and responding to each corporate risk – maintaining a system of effective controls
- monitors and assesses performance.
The Management Board is responsible for managing change in the House of Lords to increase value for money, improve performance and reduce cost so that the House operates and delivers services more efficiently and effectively.
Members of the Management Board
The members of the Board are:
- Edward Ollard, Clerk of the Parliaments (Chairman)
- Simon Burton, Clerk Assistant (Parliamentary Services)
- Jake Vaughan, Reading Clerk (Corporate Services)
- Carl Woodall, Director of Facilities
- Nigel Sully, Director of Human Resources
- Fehintola Akinlose, Director of Finance
- Tracey Jessup, Chief Information Officer and Managing Director of PDS
- Eric Gregory (external member)
- Helen Kilpatrick (external member)
Agendas of Board meetings are made available online one working day after each Board meeting. Minutes of Board meetings are available after their agreement by the Board. Agendas and Minutes are available here:
If you would like further information on the work of the Management Board, please contact the Board Secretariat on 020 7219 5961.