Speaker's Commission on Digital Democracy: meeting on engagement and facilitating dialogue
On Tuesday 15 July 2-5pm, the Speaker's Commission met to discuss its last two themes: engagement (between citizens and parliament) and facilitating dialogue amongst citizens.
The Commissioners heard contributions on engagement and facilitating dialogue amongst citizens, before opening up the meeting to a final 30 minute public question and answer session with the audience and via Twitter using #DDCEngage
- David Babbs - 38 degrees
- Douglas Carswell MP
- Eamonn Carey, MHP Communications
- Lord Knight of Weymouth
- Brian Loader - York University
- Brie Rogers Lowery - Change.Org
- The Commission's last meeting was held on the theme of representation
- Have your say on representation
- Watch the Speaker explain the aims of his commission
- Watch some of the Commissioners introduce themselves
Get involved in the digital democracy discussion!
The Speaker wants to hear from the widest range and largest number of people possible to help inform his Commission's work. All comments/ ideas/ thoughts are welcome in any format (video, written etc.) and via any media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, email, phone etc.) The Commission are also planning a number of discussion ‘roundtable' events around the country to discuss with a variety of groups different questions related to its work. Follow the Commission for upcoming events. The Commission will report in January 2015 so time is tight – get involved now!
Follow the Commission/ get involved