8 January 2009: For Immediate Release
BANKING CRISIS - CONSUMER ISSUES
The Treasury Committee will take evidence on consumer issues within the banking crisis on Wednesday 14 January in the Wilson Room, Portcullis House, as follows:
- Doug Taylor, Personal Finances Campaign Manager, Which?
- Peter Tutton, Senior Policy Officer, Citizens Advice
- Andrew Cave, Head of Policy, Federation of Small Businesses
- Michael Coogan, Director General, Council of Mortgage Lenders
- Stephen Sklaroff, Director General, Finance and Leasing Association
- Angela Knight, Chief Executive, British Bankers’ Association
The evidence session is expected to focus on:
The product pricing of credit facilities, including mortgages, credit cards, store cards and small business loans.
The role of banks in receipt of public investment in fulfilling the Government’s aspirations for assisting customers, and small businesses, in financial difficulty.
The competition impact of further consolidation within the retail financial services sector.
Those wishing to attend the meeting should check the venue by contacting the House of Commons Public Information Office on 020 7219 4272 on the day before the hearing.