27 November 2007, Session 2007-08
EUROPEAN COMMISSION WHITE PAPER ON SPORT: NEW INQUIRY
The Committee is announcing today a new inquiry into the White Paper on Sport published by the European Commission in July 2007. The Committee seeks views on the proposals set out in the White Paper and on their possible impact on sport and on sporting bodies in the UK.
Written submissions are invited from interested parties; these should be sent to Kenneth Fox, Clerk of the Committee, at the address below by Monday 14 January 2008.
Guidance on submissions
1. Our strong preference is for submissions to be in Word or rich text format (not as a PDF document) and sent by e-mail to email@example.com, although letters will also be accepted. Submissions sent by post should be sent to Kenneth Fox, Clerk of the Culture, Media and Sport Committee, House of Commons, 7 Millbank, London SW1P 3JA. Please include a contact name, postal address and telephone number in the body of the e-mail or in the letter.
2. If the submission is from an organisation rather than an individual, it should briefly explain the nature and membership of the organisation. It is helpful to the Committee if paragraphs are numbered for ease of reference and if longer submissions include an executive summary, ideally no more than one page long. Submissions should be as short as is reasonably consistent with conveying the relevant information: for most submissions, six pages can be regarded as an appropriate maximum. Further guidance on preferred format can be found at:
3. Committees make public much of the evidence they receive during inquiries. If you do not wish your submission to be published, you must clearly say so. If you wish to include private or confidential information in your submission to the Committee, please contact the Clerk of the Committee to discuss this.
4. Please bear in mind that Committees do not normally investigate individual cases of complaint or allegations of maladministration.
5. Once submitted, no public use should be made of any submission prepared specifically for the Committee unless you have first obtained permission from the Clerk of the Committee.