- The Speaker, in the Chair
- Sir Paul Beresford
- Frank Doran
- Angela Eagle
- Mr Andrew Lansley (Leader of the House)
- John Thurso
Security arrangements renewal programme
The Commission considered a paper from the Parliamentary Security Director and agreed to take a final decision on the preferred approach for renewal of security arrangements at its February meeting.
The Commission took note of papers from the Director of Parliamentary ICT and the Parliamentary Security Director.
The Commission was briefed on recent developments by the Director General, Human Resources and Change, the Director of Finance and Speaker’s Counsel. The Commission:
- welcomed progress on achieving full accreditation as a London Living Wage employer
- agreed to offer all casual staff in Catering Services guaranteed minimum hours contracts, with a progress report at a future meeting
- asked for further information on the use of casual staff in other parts of the House Service.
Speaker's Commission on Digital Democracy
The Commission took note of a paper from the Director General, Information Services.
The Commission took note of a paper from the Head of Diversity and Inclusion.
Date of next meeting
The next meeting of the Commission/MEC will take place on Monday 10 February at 5pm in Speaker’s House.