- The Speaker, in the Chair
- Sir Paul Beresford
- Frank Doran
- Angela Eagle
- Mr Andrew Lansley (Leader of the House)
- John Thurso
Speaker's Parliamentary Placement Scheme
The Commission agreed to fund revised arrangements for administering the Speaker’s Parliamentary Placement Scheme.
Support for Members' Staff
The Committee deliberated.
Pay negotiations: update
The Commission took note of a paper from the Director General, Human Resources & Change, and was briefed on recent developments.
Administration Estimate Supplementary Estimate 2013/14 and Votes on Account 2014/15
- agreed not to lay a 2013/14 Administration Supplementary Estimate;
- agreed to lay a 2014/15 Administration Estimate Vote on Account (VoA) of £98.1 million resource and £14.76 million capital; and
- agreed to draw down non-voted funds from the Commission Reserve (£0.8 million resource, £0.1 million capital) in addition to the Main Estimate already agreed.
The Committee agreed to lay a 2014/15 Members Estimate Vote on Account of £15.075 million resource and £0.45 million capital.
The Commission welcomed the fact that the proposed Education Centre had been granted planning permission subject to conditions; was briefed on the current status of the project; and requested further updates in due course.
Security Arrangements Renewal Programme: preferred option
The Commission agreed its preferred approach to the renewal of the security arrangements in 2015.
Any other business
Date of next meeting
The next meeting of the Commission/MEC will take place on Monday 10 March at 5pm in Speaker’s House.