1. NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR RECRUITMENT
The Commission agreed the proposed approach.
2. RESTORATION AND RENEWAL
- agreed the proposed governance arrangements for the R&R Programme; and
- agreed to publish a short Written Statement outlining the next steps of the Restoration & Renewal Programme.
3. GENDER-SENSITIVE PARLIAMENT AUDIT
The Commission agreed the proposed approach to a Gender-Sensitive Parliament audit in 2018.
4. THE FUTURE OF THE SPEAKER’S PARLIAMENTARY PLACEMENT SCHEME
The Commission agreed the proposals.
5. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO OPPOSITION PARTIES – TRANSPARENCY REPORTING 2017–18
The Committee took note of the agreed arrangements.
6. USE OF PARLIAMENTARY OFFICE SPACE
The Commission agreed that staff of smaller parties funded via the Westminster Foundation for Democracy could continue to be accommodated in parliamentary office space for the remainder of this Parliament.
7. PAPERS TO NOTE
The Commission took note of the following papers:
- Draft Forward Programme
- Annual Report from the Association of Former Members
- Deliberations from meeting held on Monday 8 January
8. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next meeting of the Commission/MEC will take place on Monday 19 March 2018 at 5.00 pm in Speaker’s House.
Image copyright: PA