The recently re-formed Committees on Arms Export Controls (CAEC) are launching their first inquiry into arms exports during 2016.
CAEC is the joint meeting of the Defence, Foreign Affairs, International Development, and International Trade Select Committees to scrutinise arms exports. The Chair of the Committees is Graham Jones MP.
Send a written submission
The Committees invite written evidence on their new inquiry with a view to holding public evidence sessions in the New Year. The Committees would like to hear about matters covered in the Government’s report into Strategic Export Controls for 2016, including, but not limited to:
- UK, EU and international policy developments
- Export licensing decisions by the Government
- Controls on arms brokering
- Performance of the Export Controls Joint Unit
- Compliance and enforcement
- Gifting of equipment by the UK Government to other governments
- Government-to-government transfers and projects
The Committees would also welcome any evidence on matters raised in the Government’s 2014 and 2015 strategic arms export controls reports and recent quarterly statistical reports on arms export licenses.
Respondents should feel welcome to respond on as many, or as few, of the above issues as they wish. Evidence can be submitted through the UK arms exports during 2016 inquiry page.
The deadline for written submissions is Monday 15 January 2018.