The House of Lords Science and Technology Committee will be speaking to regenerative medicine and finance experts on Tuesday 20 November, as part of its inquiry into regenerative medicine
At 10.40 am, the Committee will hear from:
- Dr Ruth McKernan, Chief Scientific Officer of the Neusentis Unit at Pfizer;
- Professor Chris Mason, Professor Regenerative Medicine Bioprocessing at UCL; and
- Michael Hunt, Chief Executive Officer, ReNeuron.
They will be followed, at 11.40 am, by:
- Dr Navid Malik, Head of Life Sciences Research, Cenkos Security;
- Dr Nigel Pitchford, Managing Director of Healthcare at Imperial Innovations; and
- Dr Steven Dyson, Partner and Co-Head, Healthcare Team, Apax Partners.
The witnesses will be questioned on issues including finance for developing regenerative treatments; the most effective ways of encouraging partnership working between academics, clinicians, industry and charities; appropriate business models for commercialising regenerative research; and barriers to investment.
The evidence session will begin at 10.40 am on Tuesday 20 November in Committee Room 4 of the House of Lords.