On Tuesday 14 June, the Lords Science and Technology Committee hears evidence for its inquiry into the future of Innovate UK from witnesses including Jo Johnson MP, Minister of State for Universities and Science, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills and Dr Ruth McKernan, Chief Executive of Innovate UK.
Purpose of the session
The Committee explores the implications of the Government's newly announced plans to incorporate Innovate UK into UK Research and Innovation alongside the Research Councils and Research England.
Tuesday 14 June in Committee Room 4A, Palace of Westminster
- Dr Ruth McKernan, Chief Executive, Innovate UK
- Stian Westlake, Executive Director for Policy and Research, Nesta
- Professor Jackie Hunter CBE, Chief Executive of Stratified Medical and former Chief Executive of Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- Jo Johnson MP, Minister of State for Universities and Science, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS)
- Gareth Davies, Director General for Business and Science, BIS
The evidence sessions cover questions such as:
- What is the rationale for the integration of Innovate UK into UK Research Innovation?
- What are the risks and opportunities of the plans to integrate Innovate UK into UK Research and Innovation?
- How will Innovate UK's budget be protected within UK Research and Innovation?
- How will Innovate UK fit into the Government's new National Innovation Plan?
Image: Parliamentary copyright