On Tuesday 10 November the House of Lords inquiry into GM insect technologies hears from Dr Ladislav Miko, Deputy Director General of Health and Food Safety at the European Commission, in its final evidence session.
The Lords Science and Technology Committee questions the Commission's representative in order to establish the perspective from the Commission on GM insect technologies.
The session takes place on Tuesday 10 November in Committee Room 4A, Palace of Westminster.
- Dr Ladislav Miko, Deputy Director General of Health and Food Safety at the European Commission, giving evidence via video link
Areas of discussion
The evidence session, being held via video link, covers areas such as:
- current regulation of GM insects
- the potential need for regulatory reform
- how perceptions of GM insect technologies vary across different EU countries
- whether there is a need for public dialogue on the subject.