The Select Committee on the Rural Economy questions representatives from Visit Britain, the National Trust and Cumbria Tourism on how tourism contributes to the rural economy and rural communities.
Tuesday 30 October in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Rebecca Burton, South West Regional Director, National Trust
- Gill Haigh, Managing Director, Cumbria Tourism
- Patricia Yates, Director of Strategy and Communications, Visit Britain
- How does tourism contribute to the rural economy and rural communities?
- What kind of support and advice is provided at the national and local level to rural tourism and heritage businesses and providers?
- What challenges do rural organisations engaged in the rural tourism and heritage sectors face accessing workers and skills?
- What opportunities do you see within the Government' Industrial Strategy and the plans for local industrial strategies to strengthen the tourism industry in the UK?