Committee quiz Openreach and BDUK on poor connectivity in rural areas
20 November 2018
The Select Committee on the Rural Economy asks representatives from BDUK and Openreach why they have not prioritised digital connectivity in rural areas.
Tuesday 20 November in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- James Heath – Director for Digital Infrastructure, UK Government
- Henry Shennan – Deputy Director, Broadband and Telecoms Market, BDUK
- Kim Mears – Managing Director for Strategic Infrastructure Development, OpenReach
- Professor Claire Wallace – Chair in Sociology, University of Aberdeen
- Neil Parish MP, Chair, House of Commons EFRA Committee
- What kind of take-up has there been for community-led broadband schemes?
- How will the USO work in practice and how will it be delivered?
- What should be done to encourage more take-up of digital technologies among businesses operating in rural areas?
- How much are small-scale housing developers (developments of less than 30 units) charged to deliver fibre-to-the-premises?
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Science and technology, Research and innovation, Agriculture, animals, food and rural affairs, Parliament, House of Lords news, Lords news, Committee news, Countryside, Communities and families, Telecommunications
Share this page