The Select Committee on the Rural Economy questions organisations representing rural businesses and rural communities on access to essential services in rural areas.
Tuesday 17 July in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Jeremy Leggett, Vice-Chair, Action with Communities in Rural England (ACRE)
- Christopher Price, Director of Policy and Advice, Country Land and Business Association (CLA)
- How is the Government performing on its policies to support rural communities?
- What can be done to support local shops, community pubs and other rural amenities at risk of closure?
- How effectively does local government operate in rural areas?