Representatives from the Heritage Lottery Fund, Arts Council England, Crown Estate, New Economics Foundation and Social Market Foundation give evidence on Tuesday 6 November 2018 to the Regenerating Seaside Towns Committee.
Tuesday 6 November on Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
At approximately 3.20pm
- Laura Dyer, Deputy Chief Executive, Arts Council England
- Ros Kerslake, Chief Executive, Heritage Lottery Fund
- Dr David Tudor, Head of Minerals and Coastal, The Crown Estate
At approximately 4.10pm
- Fernanda Balata, Senior Programme Manager, New Economics Foundation
- Scott Corfe, Chief Economist, Social Market Foundation
Topics likely to be covered in this session are:
- possible policy interventions to address the common problems that seaside towns suffer,
- how funding for coastal areas could be improved, and
- the resources available to coastal communities to protect themselves from coastal flooding and erosion.
The Committee is also likely to ask about the challenges across the education and skills system, particularly at secondary level, in seaside towns.