Minister for Middle East to give evidence on Yemen
11 January 2019
The House of Lords International Relations Committee will hold a special evidence session on recent Yemen peace talks and the UK's response to the humanitarian crisis in the country.
Wednesday 16 January in Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
- The Rt Hon Alistair Burt MP, Minister of State for the Middle East, Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Minister of State at the Department for International Development
- How is the UK supporting the implementation of the Stockholm Agreement and discussion on the outstanding humanitarian issues?
- What are your expectations for the next round of negotiations, and what will be the major issues for discussion?
- What is your assessment of the current humanitarian situation in Yemen, and what is the UK doing to meet Yemen's humanitarian needs?
- The former Foreign Secretary, Boris Johnson, told the Committee in January 2017 the when considering international humanitarian law, the UK was "still narrowly on the right side" of the threshold when considering the provision of arms to Saudi Arabia. Does this remain the Government's view?
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, International affairs, Asia, International law, International politics and government, House of Lords news, Lords news, Committee news
Share this page