The International Relations Committee takes evidence from Assistant Secretary-General for Strategic Coordination at the United Nations, New York, Mr Fabrizio Hochschild on the UN's priorities for the 2018 General Assembly.
Wednesday 16 May, Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
- Mr Fabrizio Hochschild, Assistant Secretary-General for Strategic Coordination, Executive Office, United Nations (video-link)
- What do you consider to be the key issues facing the United Nations ahead of the General Assembly in September 2018?
- To what extent is the UN managing new global challenges to multilateralism?
- What efforts have the current UN leadership team, under Secretary-General António Guterres, made to reform the institution?
- How effective have these efforts been?
- To what extent have UN Peacekeeping operations been improved since the appointment the new UN Secretary-General?
- How is the UN monitoring the implementation of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals?
- What progress has been made towards delivering the SDGs?