The International Relations Committee takes evidence from former Permanent Under Secretary of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Lord Ricketts, and expert analysts on US foreign policy and international affairs.
Wednesday 7 February, Committee Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- Ms Xenia Wickett, Head, US and Americas Programme, Chatham House
- Dr Kori Schake, Deputy Director General, IISS
- How well equipped is Whitehall and the UK's diplomatic network to operate effectively in changed world conditions?
- Are the UK's policies towards emerging regional powers the right ones? Does the Government have the capacity to fully engage with these powers?
- How clear is US foreign policy under the Trump Administration? What do you perceive to be the Administration's primary objectives?
- What does President Trump's emphasis on national sovereignty mean for the US's approach to the multilateral system and the rules-based international order?
- How should the UK respond to developments in US foreign policy? Should the UK still consider itself the US's closest ally?