The International Relations Committee hosts a seminar on its recently published report on the transformation of power in the Middle East. The committee hears from experts in the field and former witnesses to discuss the report's conclusions and recommendations, followed by a question and answer session.
Wednesday 5 July Committee Room 4A, Palace of Westminster
- Introduction by Committee Chairman, Lord Howell of Guildford
At 10.40am, responses to the report by
- Mr Hayder al-Khoei, Research Director, Centre for Shia Studies
- Ms Jane Kinninmont, Deputy Head, Middle East and North Africa Programme
- Professor Eugene Rogan, Director, The Middle East Centre, St Antony’s College, Oxford University
- Ms Efrat Shaoulian-Sopher, London School of Economics, and Ms Maisam Abumorr, Goldsmiths University of London
- Committee members response
- Open-floor Q&A with audience
12:15 – ENDS
How to attend
Thank you to everyone who registered their interest; this event is now fully-booked.