The House of Lords International Relations Committee will hold a roundtable event with ambassadors from Chile, Colombia, Peru and the Mexican chargé d’affaires, to discuss the Pacific Alliance.
The roundtable event will be held on Wednesday 22 May, Committee Room 4A.
Speakers will be:
- His Excellency Mr David Gallagher, Ambassador of Chile to the United Kingdom
- His Excellency Mr Antonio José Ardila, Ambassador of Colombia to the United Kingdom
- His Excellency Mr Juan Carlos Gamarra, Ambassador of Peru to the United Kingdom
- Minister Anibal Gomez, Chargé d’ Affaires a.i. of Mexico to the United Kingdom
This will be followed by discussion and questions.
The roundtable discussion is likely to include consideration of:
- Why the Pacific Alliance was established, and the group’s successes.
- The State of politics in the region.
- The UK’s engagement with Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru and what strengths the UK brings to its relationships in the region.
- China’s engagement with Central and South America, and how the countries of the region and the Pacific Alliance are responding.