The International Relations Committee takes evidence on how the UK should respond to changes to the international environment, the shifting global balance of power and challenges to the rules based international order.
Thursday 15 November Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster
- The Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt MP, Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Sir Simon McDonald, Permanent Under-Secretary, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Issues to be discussed include
- Changes in technology and Britain's strategic priorities
- Britain’s relationship with the United States and the Trump administration
- The growing influence of China and Japan
- Russian aggression and disregard of the 'rules-based' international order
- Middle East instability
- The future UK-EU relationship
- Whitehall resources and structure.