The International Relations Committee takes evidence on the state of global nuclear diplomacy and the challenges facing the established non-proliferation and disarmament regime.
Wednesday 12 December in Committee Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- Ms Izumi Nakamitsu, Under-Secretary-General for Disarmament Affairs, United Nations
- Ioan Tudor, Chief, Weapons of Mass Destruction Branch, United Nations
- How would you characterise the state of global nuclear diplomacy today? To what extent are the challenges facing multilateralism generally affecting nuclear diplomacy specifically?
- Ahead of the 2020 Review Conference of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) what are the biggest challenges facing the NPT regime?
- In your view, how do the NPT and the Treaty on the prohibition of Nuclear Weapons (TPNW) fit together?
- What are the prospects for the agreement of a Fissile Material Cutoff Treaty?
- To what extent is the developments of new technologies affecting the established non-proliferation regime?