The International Relations Committee takes evidence from former Foreign Secretary, The Rt Hon. Lord Hague of Richmond, on UK foreign policy in changed world conditions.
Wednesday 31 January, Committee Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- The Rt Hon. Lord Hague of Richmond
- How are digital technologies changing and impacting international relations?
- Does the UK Government have the capacity to implement a clear strategic vision in the networked world? To what extent is the FCO's Diplomacy 20:20 preparation for this?
- Are the international institutions of the post-War period still effective?In your view, do new networks and organisations compete with or compliment them?
- Are the UK's policies towards emerging powers the right ones? Does the Government have the capacity to engage fully with them?
- What effect will China's ambitions to play a more significant global role have on international relations?
- How should UK foreign policy adapt to these changes?