The International Relations Committee takes evidence from the Chief Executive of the British Council, Sir Ciarán Devane, on the impact of digital technologies on the UK's soft power.
Wednesday 20 June, Committee Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- Sir Ciarán Devane, Chief Executive, British Council
- What are the UK's main soft power assets and to what extent have they been affected by new technologies?
- To what extent is the Government equipped to best develop and utilise the UK's soft power?
- How effectively is the British Council engaging with emerging powers such as China and India?
- To what extent do tensions with Russia, including the closure of the British Council, demonstrate the limits of cultural diplomacy and soft power?