The International Relations Committee takes evidence on 'Global Britain' from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, and hears from leading researchers on the use of new technologies in defence and warfare.
Wednesday 4 July, Committee Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- Deborah Bronnert, Director General for Global Britain, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Ulrike Esther Franke, Policy Fellow, European Council on Foreign Relations
- Dr Andrew Futter, Associate Professor in International Politics, University of Leicester
- What is the UK Government's understanding of the Global Britain initiative?
- Does this represent a policy shift in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office?
- What role, if any, are other departments across Whitehall playing in the initiative?
- In what ways have new technologies changed our understandings of hard power?
- Which countries are leading the development and implementation of new battlefield technologies, and how are these affecting the balance of power?
- How well has the UK defence establishment adapted to technological change?