The International Relations Committee takes evidence from former British Ambassadors to Russia and regional experts on contemporary Russian foreign policy and international relations.
Wednesday 25 April, Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
- Sir Tony Brenton KCMG, Former British Ambassador to Russia (2004-2008)
- Sir Andrew Wood GCMG, Former British Ambassador to Russia (1995-2000)
- Oksana Antonenko, Visiting Senior Fellow, Institute for Global Affairs, London School of Economics
- Dr Natasha Kuhrt, Lecturer, Department of War Studies, King’s College London
- How does Russia view the existing international order? How does it approach multilateral institutions?
- To what extent is Russia's current foreign policy and disruptive role in international affairs driven by economic decline?
- How should the UK and its allies respond to Russia's use of new hybrid tactics?
- Does Whitehall have the understanding and capability to engage with Russia effectively?
- How does Russia view the role of the UK in Euro-Atlantic and international affairs?