The International Relations Committee takes evidence from trade executives on the UK’s economic relations throughout the Middle East.
Wednesday 8 February, Committee Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- Peter Meyer, Chief Executive Officer, Middle East Association
- Abdeslam El-Idrissi, Director of Trade Services, Arab-British Chamber of Commerce
- Can you provide an overview of the UK’s economic relations with the Middle East, including the main sectors?
- What are the barriers to strengthening these relations?
- Following Brexit, how likely is the emergence of a UK-GCC free trade agreement?
- Should human rights records factor into future UK trade agreements?
- How are the regions attempts to diversify from the oil economy progressing?
- What are the opportunities for UK businesses in this context?
- How significant do you perceive the increased economic links between the Middle East and Asia Pacific countries to be?