Ministers from the Department for Education, HM Treasury and the Department for Work and Pensions give evidence to the Select Committee on Financial Exclusion in the final evidence session of its inquiry. The session considers some of the key issues surrounding financial exclusion that have emerged throughout the inquiry.
Tuesday 13 December, Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster
- The Rt Hon Lord Freud, Minister of State for Welfare Reform, Department for Work and Pensions
- Nick Gibb MP, Minister of State for School Standards, Department for Education
- Simon Kirby MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury, HM Treasury
Areas to consider
- How the Government can strengthen its leadership in tackling financial exclusion, and how coordination across Government departments might be improved.
- The potential positive and negative effects of Universal Credit and the social security system on financial inclusion for claimants and their families.
- Providing greater protection for customers in the high-cost short-term loan sector.
- How the Government can protect bank customers from the increasing trend for bank closures.