The EU Select Committee heard oral evidence from the Rt Hon David Lidington MP, Minister for Europe; Jill Morris, Head of Department (Europe Directorate); and Thomas Barry, Deputy Head (Europe Directorate), Foreign and Commonwealth Office, on Thursday 1 November in Committee Room 4 at 2.10pm.
Members of the public are welcome to attend. The session will be broadcast online. A transcript will be available on this page in due course.
- Areas covered in the Committee's questioning may include:
- The Conclusions of the 18-19 October Council meeting;
- The Government's Balance of Competences review;
- Progress on negotiations for the multiannual financial framework from 2014; and
- The Commission's July reports on Romania and Bulgaria's progress under the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism.