The House of Lords EU Committee takes evidence from Robin Walker MP, Minister of State, Northern Ireland Office on the measures being taken by the Northern Ireland Office to prepare for the implementation of the Protocol on Ireland/Northern Ireland.
Tuesday 28 June, remote meeting
- Robin Walker MP, Minister of State, Northern Ireland Office
Topics for discussion
- Northern Ireland Office engagement with other Government departments, the Northern Ireland Executive, the political parties of Northern Ireland, and the Irish Government in relation to the Protocol
- The Northern Ireland Office's responsibility for engagement with Northern Ireland businesses, and how their concerns over implementation of the Protocol are being addressed
- Preparations for the Protocol to become operational on 1 January 2021
- The Northern Ireland Office's responsibility for overseeing Article 2 of the Protocol on the rights of individuals