The House of Lords EU Committee takes evidence from Dr Sylvia de Mars, Colin Murray and David Henig on the revised Protocol on Ireland / Northern Ireland
Tuesday 11 February in Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster
- David Henig, Director, UK Trade Policy Project
- Dr Sylvia de Mars, Senior Lecturer in Law, University of Newcastle
- Colin Murray, Reader in Public Law, University of Newcastle
Topics for discussion
- The process for application of new EU law to Northern Ireland under the terms of the Protocol
- What will be required in terms of customs, VAT and regulatory checks in relation to GB Northern Ireland trade?
- How will the mechanisms for EU supervision (including the role of the CJEU) of the operation of the protocol in Northern Ireland work in practice?