As part of the Lords EU Select Committee's follow up inquiry in to Brexit: UK-Irish relations, customs officials from Switzerland and Norway discuss how external EU borders operate.
Tuesday 6 February in Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster
- Mr Pål Hellesylt, Director for Customs and Trade Facilitation, Directorate of Norwegian Customs
- Mrs. Hanne Solgaard Andersen, Head of Customs Procedures Department at Customs Region East – Norway
- Christian Bock, Director General, Swiss Federal Department of Finance, FederaL Customs Administration
- Lt Col Rebekka Strässle, Chief of Staff, Swiss Border Guard, Swiss CustomS Administration, Federal Department of Finance
- The process for cross-border movement between Switzerland, Norway and neighbouring EU states.
- How the UK's border arrangements with EU neighbours will need to change as a result of leaving the single market and customer union
- How technological advances can change the way border controls operate