The Lords EU Committee takes evidence from Government ministers on the progress of Brexit negotiations in relation to Northern Ireland and Ireland, Gibraltar, the Overseas Territories and the Crown Dependencies.
Monday 18 June, Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster.
- Robin Walker MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Exiting the European Union
- Shailesh Vara MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Northern Ireland
- What is the Government's response to the EU's concerns about the feasibility of its proposed revised Ireland / Northern Ireland backstop text?
- What is the status of discussions on the Government's two proposed models for future customs cooperation, the customs partnership and 'maximum facilitation'?
- Given the possible exclusion of the United Kingdom from the European Arrest Warrant, how can the Government ensure that police and judicial cooperation with Ireland continues and successfully prevents cross-border crime?
- Does the Government expect negotiations with the Spanish Government to lead to a bilateral agreement on the Gibraltar question before October 2018?
- How is the Government responding to the concerns of the Overseas Territories and Crown Dependencies about the impact of Brexit?